Select an Action. Losing the news : the future of the news that feeds democracy. Personal Author:.
On the Democratic Role of News Recommenders
Jones, Alex S. Publisher Info:. Physical Description:. General Note:.
- Wider Than the Sky: A Revolutionary View of Consciousness (Penguin Press Science).
- 44 Color Paintings of Artemisia Gentileschi - Italian Baroque Painter (July 8, 1593 - 1652)?
- Losing the News: The Future of the News That Feeds Democracy by Alex S. Jones?
Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Alex S. Jones explores how the epochal changes sweeping the media have eroded the core news that has been the essential food supply of our democracy. At a time of dazzling technological innovation, Jones says that what stands to be lost is the fact-based reporting that serves as a watchdog over government, holds the powerful accountable, and gives citizens what they need.
In a tumultuous new media era, with cutthroat competition and panic over profits, the commitment of the traditional news media to serious news is fading. Should we lose a critical mass of this news, our democracy will weaken--and possibly even begin to fail. This book is also a call to arms. Despite the current crisis, there are many hopeful signs, and Jones closes by looking over the horizon and exploring ways the iron core can be preserved.
The Decline of Local News Is Bad for Democracy
Subject Term:. Journalism -- Political aspects -- United States. Journalism -- Economic aspects -- United States. Start on. Show related SlideShares at end.
WordPress Shortcode. Published in: Education.
Trump Might Not Destroy Democracy. But He Can Do Plenty of Damage. - The Bulwark
Full Name Comment goes here. Are you sure you want to Yes No.
- Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star: Variations (Violin Part)!
- The Superhumans (French Science Fiction Book 9).
- Prehistoric Textile Fabrics Of The United States, Derived From Impressions On Pottery Third Annual Report of the Bureau of Ethnology to the Secretary of ... Office, Washington, 1884, pages 393-425;
- Documents on Democracy | Journal of Democracy.
- Main navigation.
- The New American Grandparent: A Place in the Family, a Life Apart.
- Ma vie pleine de vie (French Edition).
Be the first to like this. No Downloads.
Views Total views. Actions Shares. Embeds 0 No embeds. No notes for slide. You just clipped your first slide!
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later. Now customize the name of a clipboard to store your clips.